Home About us Editorial board Search Ahead of print Current issue Archives Submit article Instructions Subscribe Contacts Login 
ORIGINAL ARTICLE
Year : 2018  |  Volume : 31  |  Issue : 2  |  Page : 564-568

Role of CD305 and CD38 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Clinical Relevance


1 Department of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Shebeen El-Kom, Egypt
2 Department of Clinical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Shebeen El-Kom, Egypt
3 Clinical Pathology Department, Menoufia Chest Hospital, Menoufia, Egypt

Correspondence Address:
Iman A Ahmedy
Faculty of Medicine, El Menoufia University, Yassin Abd El Ghaffar Street Shebin El-Kom, Menoufia
Egypt
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/mmj.mmj_775_17

Rights and Permissions

Objective This work aimed to study CD305 and CD38 expression in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) patients and its relation to clinical and prognostic criteria of the disease. Background CD305 is an inhibitor of B-cell receptor mediated signaling, and has been reported to be of lower expression in high risk CLL patients. Studies addressing CD305 in CLL and its relation to biological variables and standard prognostic factors had been so scarce yet .On the other hand, CD38 expression, a well established prognostic factor, in CLL, is associated with an aggressive clinical behavior. Patient and methods Our study included 54 patients. Forty CLL consecutive patients and 14 age-matched and sex-matched apparently healthy controls. Clinical examination and laboratory investigations were done for all of the studied groups. Results CD305 showed a positive correlation with lymphocyte doubling time. However it showed a negative correlation with; β2microglobulin, lactate dehydrogenase, modified ray staging and Coombs' test. CD38 expression showed a positive significant correlation with modified ray staging, white blood cells, β2microglobulin, lactate dehydrogenase and Coomb's test however it showed a negative correlation with CD305 and lymphocyte doubling time. 55% of patients did not receive chemotherapy were CD305 positive. The remaining 45% of patients received chemotherapy and were CD38+. Conclusion CD305 and CD38 expression can be used as simple reliable, inexpensive independent prognostic factors in CLL patients and they can even predict at presentation patients who will initiate chemotherapy early.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed124    
    Printed0    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded15    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal